Friday, June 4, 2010

Just Say No To Ice

First off, I'd like to thank Carter for designing our new Couchwarmers logo. I think it's perfect. She said it was much better than doing actual work, and for that, we're eternally grateful. Although I'm still trying to figure out what to put in the blank spaces to either side of the logo. Little George suggested we hold a contest asking people to submit designs of things that they want there, but I told him I didn't think we'd get any submissions. If you want to prove me wrong, I'd love to see it.

Also, this is the last call for Bear vs. Shark submissions. The arguments will be posted and voting will open sometime this weekend. If you want to be able to influence the voting masses, go ahead and make your opinion known. Now to the issue at hand:

I've been asked by several people to comment on the recent phenomenon of "Bros Icing Bros." Normally I wouldn't, but seeing as how this weekend marks my first ever bachelor party, I'll call it a a special occasion and say a few words, but only a few.

Basically, "Bros Icing Bros" is an activity where one guy presents another with a Smirnoff Ice, usually in a creative, hidden way. The guy receiving the ice then has to drop to one knee and chug the entire thing. According to the official website, the rules are simple:
  • You cannot refuse an Ice. If you refuse to drink the Ice you are instantly excommunicated and shunned, and thus can never Ice another bro or be iced.
  •  If you are Iced by a fellow bro, you can Ice block. When presented with an Ice, you pull out an Ice of your own and reverse the Ice on your bro. The ultimate Ice insult.
So....if I refuse to drink a Smirnoff Ice, then I can't ever drink one again? Sign me up. Or unsubscribe me. Do whatever it is that makes it so that I don't have to do this, ever. 

I think I said about a hundred words more than I wanted to on this topic. The bachelor party hasn't even started yet and I feel dirty. I'm gonna go take a shower before I head out.

On tap for the weekend:

The horse race that no one gives a shit about. If this is the first time you're hearing that it's this weekend, you're probably not alone.

Men's and women's French Open finals. Nadal's the favorite on the men's side. And on the women's side, since both Williams sisters are out, the favorite is....actually, I have no idea. How about Steffi Graf? Is she still around? No? Well what about Billie Jean King?

NBA Finals. KG and Kobe making their angry faces at each other.

NHL Finals. Chris Pronger is a douchebag. Go Blackhawks.

Thanks for sticking with us through yet another week, loyal readers. In honor of this weekend's upcoming festivities, here's your Friday reward video, featuring Zach Galifianakis, one of the stars of The Hangover. I'll see you guys when I get back.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy watching Chris Pronger's interviews. I'd hate to have to interview him, but he seems pretty clever, and he looks like he's having fun. That said, go Blackhawks.

    ReplyDelete