Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summer State of The Couchwarmers

As I've previously referenced, today I head up to Maine for the next two months for my summer job as a camp counselor. Yes, these are the only two months out of the year where I work, but they also happen to be my favorite two months out of the year. So technically, until the middle of August, I'm not a member of the 9.7%. I'll be back from the 90.3% though, and that's a promise.

Many of you have asked, "What's going to happen to The Couchwarmers while you're away?"

Well for one, I won't disappear completely. As a counselor, I'll have computer access, and when I have the time, I'll throw something up every now and then. Also, I've talked to Daniel and he's ready and willing to take the reins for a while. This afternoon, I've got "Know Thy Enemy: Slovenia" all set up to post, and late tonight, our resident soccer expert will throw a preview of tomorrow morning's match at you. After that, Daniel's driving for a while.

However, if Daniel decides to take this thing through a wall while I'm napping in the passenger seat, I would just like to say that it has been an honor and a privilege serving you these past few months.

That's not gonna happen, though. When I get back in two months, The Couchwarmers will still be going strong, and I'll be ready to step back in and officially rejoin the 9.7%.

And with that, it's time to hit the road. So long, loyal readers. I'll see you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment