Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Know Thy Enemy: Algeria

Just thought I'd quickly give you the third part of my aforepromised (no, it's not actually a word, but you know exactly what it means) "Know Thy Enemy" series. Tomorrow the U.S. plays Algeria. A win puts the Americans in the knockout rounds. Since I've been out of the loop for the past few days, I don't know whether or not our soccer guru is going to have anything for you by tomorrow, so this may have to do in terms of a game preview. But isn't it fun to have Daniel back? He'll knock the rust off soon, I promise.

So I did some research on Algeria, and I really don't know what to say. 90% of Algerians live near the coast, because that's really the only livable part of the entire country. That's right, Algeria. Your country is a giant wasteland. Sam Kinison, what do you have to say about this?



Anything else I write will come off as being blatantly anti-Arab. While I don't particularly have a problem with offending large groups of people in one fell swoop, I'd really like not to start a Couchwarmers holy war here. Also, I'm a bit pressed for time. Direct all complaints to Daniel.

Enjoy the game. Win and we're in. Don't tread.

No comments:

Post a Comment