Monday, April 12, 2010

Links To Pass On

In honor of the Masters being completed, I'm going to hit the links -- and by "links," I mean web sites and by "hit," I mean pass them on you. There's some good stuff out there and you definitely don't have the time to scour for it. Well, I do!

First of all, it's Monday, April 12 so make sure you breathe today. At least that's what Archangel Rafael suggests.



OK, now that that's out of the way, here are some more things to take note of:

1. The New York Times says that doctors are investigating the positive effects of hallucinogenic drugs.  Some researchers say they can help cure depression and obsessive-compulsive disorder.  Says one proponent, “Imagine you fall off a boat out in the open ocean, and you turn around, and the boat is gone. And then the water’s gone. And then you’re gone.” Is that supposed to make me want to take psychedelic drugs? So I can simulate the experience of waterboarding?  Hmm...

2. CC Sabathia doesn't want to wear his "corny" World Series ring. I think it would've been more fitting if he got a ring that looked like this.

3. Here's a question I've pondered for a while that MetaFilter did me the favor of answering--when did the practice of putting a noun followed by "--y goodness"(i.e., "buttery goodness," "meaty goodness" in a phrase first come into usage? Apparently, it was during an episode of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." Hmm, I always thought it was from this.

4. Keep Harry Potter away from the kids. 

5.  Are you craving a sandwich that substitutes buns for fried chicken slabs and is filled with greasy bacon, cheese and heaps of mayonnaise?  Well, it's available at KFC starting today.  Get one before the FDA bans it.

That's all I got for today. This is just the lead-in for the post that really matters, anyway -- the commencement of Final Four voting. It'll be up tonight. Keep refreshing.

1 comment:

  1. I thought that CC link was going to be to an onion ring, but I guess that joke would've been too easy

    ReplyDelete