Friday, May 21, 2010

A Call for Amateur Psychoanalysts

I've been having this recurring dream recently, and I have no idea what to make of it. You see, back when I was a student, I was still lazy like I am now, but I never went into a test unprepared. I hated that helpless feeling of going into an exam, looking through it, and realizing that I was screwed, so I made sure that it never happened.

Well recently, probably three or four times in the past two weeks, I've had a dream where I'm in a classroom taking a test. I open up to the first question and have no idea how to answer it. I think maybe that it's just bad luck, so I move on to the second. Same thing. I quickly look through the entire exam and realize that I can't even begin to answer a single question. I wake up all pissed off that I've failed this test, and then the realization hits me -- I don't do anything anymore. I'm unemployed. I don't have tests. I lie down and go back to sleep.

I understand that this is a perfectly normal dream to have before a big test or before finals week or something, but I haven't taken an exam in over three years. Therefore, I'm asking all of the amateur analysts and therapists out there to help me dissect this one. Is it telling me that I'm bored and I need to get back and start doing something? Is it reaffirming my decision not to do anything? Help me out here, loyal readers.

I also had a dream a few nights ago that there was a tennis ball-sized hole in my foot, but I don't think that has any relevance.

On tap for the weekend:

Interleague play begins with the Subway Series and a bunch of other matchups that won't get nearly as much press. Mets fans will be looking for something, anything to kick-start their disappointing season. Yankees fans will be looking to bring this up whenever possible.

Bayern Munich and Inter Milan play in the UEFA Champions League Final on Saturday at 2:30PM, Eastern Time. If you're frantically searching all of the ESPN channels and can't find it, don't freak out. It's on FOX.

More hockey. More basketball. It'll all end soon, I promise.

Sunday night is the 2½-hour LOST finale. We'll be back tomorrow to play some oddsmakers as to how the show might end.

Thanks for sticking with us through yet another week. Here's your Friday reward video. For those of you with a special occassion coming up, we've found the perfect gift for you. Happy anniversary, honey. Here's a fart blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment