Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend Recap, Now with Lots of P

Well, I'm still in Philly for my sister's graduation. Evidently, when I ask Daniel to post something over the weekend and he says, and I quote, "I'll write a post over the weekend saying I took the job and the future of [The] Couchwarmers is still bright," what he actually means is, "I'll say that I'll post, but why the hell would you be convinced that I'll actually do anything?"

I'll take full responsibility for this though. Totally my bad. I was under the impression that he was minimally reliable. Won't happen again. I'm still in Philly right now, and woke up early before my sister's graduation to quickly write something. Now that's the hard work and determination you've come to expect from The Couchwarmers. Oh, no, please -- hold your applause until the end.

For those of you upset about having to start another week of work/school, here's something that's sure to put a smile on your face:


Mugsy and Manute are alright, but the hippo's the one who really carries the band. Now, on to the recap:

The Flyers were down 3-0 in their series and came back to win 4-3, on the strength of a Game 7 where they were down 3-0 at one point in the first period and came back to win 4-3. I don't like it, but I do love a Boston team choking like that. Every gray cloud has a silver lining full of sobbing massholes.

Some horse that wasn't the one that won the Kentucky Derby won The Preakness. Now I don't have to watch that other one in three weeks. Two minutes of my life saved. Hoorah.

The giant death trap of a building I wrote about on Friday was lit up this weekend to celebrate Penn Graduation with a giant P. If you click on the picture, you can see one red light in the center of the P. I have no idea why it's there, or even if it's supposed to be there -- I just know that if you have any red in your P, you should think about seeing a doctor. Cira Centre needs to think about getting itself checked out.

Yet another reason to love the south -- the good Samaritans there are the ones that smash people over the head with beer bottles. Personally, I like that he chose Yuengling to do it with. No way in hell this dude was going to waste PBR or Bud Light on the criminal. And for those of you scoring at home -- yes, this is my hometown newspaper.

That's it for this morning. I have to head down to historic Franklin Field for more of my sister's graduation stuff. I'll be back home either late this evening or sometime tomorrow, when The Couchwarmers will resume our normally scheduled programming. Well actually, Daniel took that job, so he said he's not going to post for a while. So....yeah, tomorrow, we'll be back to our normal schedule.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this information on your weekend party. Last month, made lovely arrangements for the holiday party which I arranged at one of the best Seattle venues. Decorated the venue and had a grand time at this party.

    ReplyDelete