Monday, May 3, 2010

An Open Casting Call

This Wednesday afternoon, the Yankees play the Orioles at Yankee Stadium at 1PM. Games like this one are always a celebration of the unemployed, as the crowd is always made up of people who don't have anywhere to be on a workday afternoon. For this reason, tickets to these games can typically be found at much lower prices than most others, as people with jobs (as in, the majority of people who can afford Yankees season tickets) are usually looking to unload tickets to games like this. Add this to the fact that the opponent is one of the worst teams in the league, and you've got a ticket price perfect storm. Last I checked, you could get a bleacher seat for $3, upper deck behind the plate for as little as $5, or a 200-level ticket for as low as $13 -- a non-working man's special if I've ever seen one.

Now I know what you're thinking: this would make for a perfect Couchwarmers day trip. Unfortunately, Daniel and several other unemployed friends of the Couchwarmers are playing golf that day. Personally, I'm not really a golfer -- I just don't have the patience for it. I'll legitimately play the first few holes (albeit incredibly poorly), but by the time I'm halfway through the front nine, I'll start screwing around and trying to throw other people off their game just for the hell of it.

So with the allure of the game, but without anyone to go with, I weighed my options. I could go alone, but that would just be sad. I might as well just stop showering from now until the game and bring a radio with me to listen to the game while I'm there.

My second option was convincing someone in the golf group to ditch and come to baseball instead. I worked my game, but ultimately failed.

Option number three consisted of placing an ad on Craigslist for someone to go to the game with. I'm sure there are perfectly normal people out there, but for the most part, I think of Craigslist as being filled with people like this. On a creepiness scale of 1 to "get in the car, I have candy," I would give the Craigslist method a grade of "Slap Chop Guy."

Now we've arrived at option number four, and I figure that it's about time that I put this blog to work for me. Therefore, option four is where I ask all of our loyal readers if they have nothing to do this Wednesday afternoon at 1PM and would like to go to a Yankees game with me for cheap.

Maybe I know you well and we talk all the time. Maybe we're friends but don't speak that often. Maybe I've never met you but you somehow stumbled here and have nothing to do on Wednesday afternoon. If any of these are the case, I'll go to the Yankees game with you. You know how to get in touch with me. The tickets are cheap, and the weather forecast is looking great (79 and sunny). I really couldn't think of a better way to take advantage of a free weekday afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. If you want to go halfsies on my tickets, I'll be there. Technically, I don't have anything to do on Wednesday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the website you want is "Adult Friend Finder." They're willing to do anything. They'll even take you around the bases!

    ReplyDelete